Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Annual Autumn Trip to Phillips Farm

Okay, so I know that it is not exactly Autumn yet, but we decided to venture out over to Phillips Farm before I get too massive and uncomfortable (or even unable) to go. It is so much fun. They have 2 corn mazes, a hayride, a cow train ride, a corn husk launcher, a pumpkin launcher (new this year), a neat slide and tunnel, a corn box (a sandbox with corn kernels), and tons of yummy food and treats.

We got there and I got a picture of Luke and his cousin, Emma, in front of the entranceway.

My sister, Jennifer, my brother-in-law, Chris, my neice, Emma (4), and my nephew, Logan (2), on the hayride.

Lee and Luke (4 1/2) on the hayride.
A very pregnant (31 1/2 weeks) me, Lee, and Luke on the hayride.

Me, Lee, and Luke in front of the corn maze.

We started out by riding the hayride. It was so much fun. It wasn't too bumpy, but I definitely felt every bump. Then we ventured into the corn maze. It was all fun until I got a major cramp 1/2 way and had to tough it out. Luckily for me, everyone else got tired of doing it, so we surrendered (AKA waved the "come help us" flag) and we got help. I lucked out and the guy who rescued us put me on his golf cart and drove me back to the covered food area.
We had a snack (I drank about 3 bottles of water) and the kids and dads went to the rest of the activities. My sister and I rested under the shade with water and enjoyed watching them play. Then they all rode the cow train ride. I opted out for obvious reasons. ;) We rounded out the day by buying some BBQ sandwiches to take home for dinner and a couple of pieces of homemade pound cake.
It was so much fun. It's now a Webber Family tradition. I love doing things each year/holiday that my kids will remember when they get older. It's really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment