Saturday, June 26, 2010

21 Week Doctor's Appointment

So on Friday (6/25) I had my 21 week doctor's appointment. It went really well. I had gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks (a total of 12 for the whole pregnancy), my blood pressure was great (112/60 I believe), and we heard both heartbeats (130s/140s for both). She did tell me to keep an eye out for signs of preterm labor (Braxton Hicks contractions or cramps) as it is more common with multiples. Everything has been fine so far so I am not worried. I will keep an eye out just in case.

I go back for a check-up and in-office ultrasound in 4 weeks (25 weeks). I am also getting another "special" ultrasound at the hospital in 3 weeks (24 weeks). I can't wait to see the babies again. It's fun having twins in that you get tons of ultrasounds.

The coolest thing I heard was "24 weeks is the week of viability" which means that the babies have a good chance of survival then, not that they will be born then (God-willing), but it is nice to hear.

I am just so thankful that everything is going well. I can't wait to see the babies again in a few weeks. They are awesome miracles from God. :)

1 comment: